Tuesday 26 February 2013

Lava Monster


For this task I used various techniques to create a Lava Monster. I used a few references to make sure I was getting the look of the Lava right.

 

I used 2 styles for the Lava so I could draw in into the scene easily, however I started with a Silhouette. after getting the lava line of the creature right I added some definition to the edges of him, to make him look like he's made out of individual rocks. I then added the environment, such as the pool of Lava he's in and the less saturated background. I made the face brighter to draw the viewer's attention.


I like the look of the creature, exited, cute and slightly scary. I feel I could have defined where the arms where more or added some light and shade to define the shapes, however I like the appearance of it almost being a blob. The lava effects I also think could be improved on with more variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment